Junior Business Development Manager - Italy
The Italian Sale Team at Alma is an energetic team recently established to boost the expansion of Alma in the Italian market. It is tasked with finding the most efficient go-to-market strategy and the best use case of Alma's Buy Now Pay Later solution with Italian merchants.
At Alma, our unique take on consumer credit is a key differentiator from other players, and it is especially important with Italian SMBs and Italian consumers.
During the first year of Alma’s operations in Italy, we have proven that we are an ideal partner for Italian merchants in many different industries, where we plan to expand exponentially in the next months.
What you will be doing
As a Junior BD Manager, your impact at Alma will be immediate and tangible: you will directly contribute to increasing payment volumes processed by Alma. You will have the satisfaction of closing deals within weeks.
You will report to the Sales Team Lead of Italy and have the following responsibilities:
- Actively reaching out to players with a turnover of up to 15M€ on specific verticals where our solutions have proven to be successful (for example sports, healthcare and musical instruments), be they online or offline (yes, we’re omnichannel!)
- Organizing and monitoring your pipeline on Salesforce in an extremely methodical and dynamic way
- Finding the best methods to optimize sales processes and boost the usage of Alma in active merchants
What we need
Being a BD Manager in Italy requires a wide skill set and a high level of energy:
- Sales appetite: you are passionate about sales, always motivated to get the next deal closed and to provide a valuable solution to customers
- Strong communication skills: you are very at ease when interacting with prospects, clients or any stakeholders of the industry, and you always ensure the appropriate level of reporting internally
- Impact driven: you always keep a close eye on your KPIs and make sure you achieve growth and hit sales targets on time
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you are not afraid of taking sales responsibility for a new company in your market and getting your hands dirty
- Solution-oriented: you create feedback loops with merchants and end consumers in your market to continuously improve our product, discussing with the Sales Team Lead and General Manager of Italy on priority features we should roll out
- You have 1 year of experience as a sales account with a proven track record in the payment and/or tech industry
- You have already worked in an international or multicultural context, and you are an Italiannative with strong English communication skills.
What we offer
- Attractive packages based on skills and experience
- International environment (our HQ is in France, but we have offices in Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands)
- You will learn from talented people (Amazon, Rocket Internet, PlayPlug, Procter&Gamble, Accenture, Evercore, Serial Entrepreneurs)
The recruitment process
- Visio call with Ryslene, our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Visio call with Maurizio, Sales Team Lead of Italy
- Written case study
- Visio call with Maurizio and Riccardo, General Manager of Italy