Software Engineer (Java) — Performance
What will you be doing?
- Work as part of our Proxy team focused on building and improving our Kafka proxy
- Work with the Product team and engineering teams to understand the overall problems and define solutions
- Improve the performance of our Kafka proxy (based on Netty, Vert.x) and make it battle-proof to be able to absorb any kind of Kafka traffic
- Write high-quality Java code and work collaboratively on it
- Write unit/integration/soak tests to make sure you are not breaking anything
- Give you time to reduce tech-debt and plan how-to (ADRs) with other engineers
- Help defining engineering work and milestones with your team
What experience are we looking for?
- 5+ years building software with Java
- You know how to debug JVM performances (don't apply if you don't know, we'll ask you to do it live during interviews!)
- Proficiency in TCP/IP and TLS protocol, ability to debug networking issues
- Proficiency in asynchronous and concurrent programming (Future, Threads)
- Good knowledge of Netty or Vert.x
- A startup mindset: nothing is perfect, you embrace technical and organizational challenges
Nice to have:
- Apache Kafka experience / Real-time data streaming
- Knowledge of best practices in data encryption, and secure communication.
- AWS networking
- Docker & Kubernetes networking
- Scala (we also do Scala in other teams)
- Rust (we also have a bit of Rust here and there)
Perks & Benefits
- Remote with occasional coworking sessions in Paris. Eventually, an office way later on.
- 25 days PTO + public holidays
- Top-tier private health insurance package (Alan)
- Technical equipment stipend
- Employee referral scheme
- Company-wide offsite once a year
- Ad-hoc coworking meetings with the other engineers in Paris