Site Reliability Engineer - Remote
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in our SRE Team you will be responsible for deploying and maintaining the Databricks SaaS Infrastructure in regulated and sensitive environments, such as AWS GovCloud. You will partner with engineers across the company to build tools, establish observability, and troubleshoot issues to ensure uptime of these instances.
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps role or a Site Reliability Engineer role serving technical teams
- 2+ years experience using AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, ELB and CloudWatch
- 2+ years of experience deploying and operating Kubernetes services
- Experience operating and deploying services in Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Strong programming skills in Python or another scripting language
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer certification
- Travel may be required for annual internal planning meetings and will align with company Covid policies
U.S. Citizenship Requirement
In order to comply with the U.S. Government information security and federal contractor regulations, including Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirements for Impact Level 6 Cloud Service Provider personnel, and facilitate compliance with other regulations such as FedRAMP High baseline, and requirements of certain federal contracts, this role is open to United States citizens on United States Soil only.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.