Sr. Product Security Engineer
In order to comply with U.S. Government information security and federal contractor regulations, including Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirements for Impact Level 6 Cloud Service Provider personnel, and facilitate compliance with other regulations such as FedRAMP High baseline, and requirements of certain federal contracts, this role is open to United States citizens on United States Soil only.
The Product Security organization enables customers to trust their most sensitive data and workloads to Databricks by building impactful security features, driving security best practices in engineering, and baking security into each step of the product life cycle.
The impact you will have:
- Design security features that keeps our customers' data safe
- Lead projects to reduce risk in our product and infrastructure
- Build a security paved road that enables our developers to easily produce secure software
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience implementing scalable security programs
- Familiarity in a security domain such as application security or cloud security
- Familiarity with modern software architecture and practices
- 3+ years of experience with the Threat Modeling process and ability to find design problems based on a block diagram of data flow.
- Bachelor's Degree in CIS/MIS, engineering or equivalent and relevant experience.
- Strong theoretical understanding of Networking, Cloud and Operating System basics
- Excellent coding skills - ability to write maintainable code with proper documentation.
- Good to Have: Solid understanding on at least ONE of the following domains - Web Security, Cloud Security, Systems Security and Applied Cryptography.
- Good to Have: Fuzzing skills targeting networking, API or File.
- Exploit writing skills is a positive and greatly required.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.