Technical Solutions Engineer
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will provide technical support for Spark Platform related issues and resolve any challenges involving the Databricks unified analytics platform. You will assist customers in their Databricks journey and provide them with the guidance and knowledge that they need to accomplish value and achieve their strategic goals using our products. They will look to you for answers to everything from basic technical questions to complex architectural scenarios spanning across the entire Big Data ecosystem. You will report to the Director, Platform Solutions. This role is hybrid.
The impact you will have:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues related to Databricks platform
- Provide best practices support for custom-built solutions developed by Databricks customers
- Deliver suggestions for improving performance in customer-specific environments
- Assist with issues around third-party integrations with Databricks environment
- Demonstrate and coordinate with engineering and escalation teams to achieve resolution of customer issues and requests
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of company documentation and knowledge articles
- Be a true proponent of customer advocacy
- Strengthen your AWS/Azure and Databricks platform expertise through learning and internal training programs
- Participate in weekend and weekday on call rotation
- Be a pioneer of our Databricks Costa Rica office
What we look for:
- Minimum 3 years' experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining Python/Java/Scala based applications. Expert level knowledge in python is desired .
- Solid experience with SQL-based database is required.
- Linux/Unix administration skills.
- Two year experience with Hadoop/Spark in either an administrative, development or support role is required.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure.
- Candidate must possess excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with "Distributed Big Data Computing" environment.
- Technical degree or the equivalent experience.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.