Senior Staff Product Manager, Data Apps
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world’s toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world’s best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers, we leap at every opportunity to tackle technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
A great platform needs a great ecosystem of applications, tools, and services. Data and AI applications are one of the fastest growing segments of software, and the growth in generative AI and large language models has accelerated that trend. We are working on making Databricks a leading data and AI platform for building, running, distributing, and monetizing these applications. We need a technical product leader to build this platform, accelerate our application ecosystem, and make developers and ISVs successful with Databricks.
The impact you will have:
- You will lead product development of Lakehouse Apps, a completely new platform for building, running, distributing, and monetizing data and AI applications on Databricks.
- You will coordinate product activities across the organization to ensure a great developer experience on Databricks, including SDKs and language support.
- You will grow our worldwide developer community by 10x or more, and reach developers in every major language community.
- You will substantially grow our ISV partner ecosystem, reducing time to market for data and AI products integrating with Databricks, and introducing 100s of data and AI applications, tools, and services in the Databricks Marketplace.
- You will substantially grow end-user engagement with Databricks through an ecosystem of data and AI applications.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Engineering lead, working on platform products.
- Experience building developer-facing products (tools, frameworks, SDKs) with tens or hundreds of thousands of users.
- Experience building or working with application marketplaces, especially for an enterprise platform.
- Experience building or working with application services based on cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Familiarity with data and AI technologies and practices such as SQL, MLOps, and generative AI.
- Hands-on builder mindset, must be comfortable using our own developer-facing products.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.