Cloud Solutions Engineer- QA(Automation)
The Cloud Solutions Engineer manages reporting, and remediating incidents affecting the Databricks platform worldwide. You will be at the frontlines investigating performance and capacity issues while also performing initial assessment for outages and service failures. You will also ensure that all incidents are handled with appropriate urgency to meet service Service level agreements and will develop automated tools and dashboards to prevent service-affecting incidents and reduce time to resolution.You will report to the Manager, cloud solutions team.
The impact you will have:
- Gain knowledge of the Databricks Platform and its components.
- Create playbooks and notebooks for repeatable tasks, building automation and tooling where necessary
- Work with engineering and support teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind
What we look for:
- 4+ years experience in full stack software development / automation using Python & React.js API development using Python frameworks like Flask & Gunicorn & ORM frameworks like SQLAlchemy
- UI development using advanced React frameworks like Material UI / Semantic & store management using RxJS / Redux thunk
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL preferred).
- Versioning control experience using Github
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Docker and Kubernetes orchestration is a plus.
- Cloud engineering experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent communication skills
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.