Business Development Representative
Databricks operates at the leading edge of the Data Analytics space with a mission to help companies solve the world’s toughest problems.
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to represent Databricks to prospective customers in the Southern Market. This role is perfect for a sales professional early on in their career, looking to help scale out a game-changing enterprise software company and develop their sales career. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team of like-minded individuals and have the opportunity to really make a difference in a budding regional team.
The impact you will have:
- Rapidly developing your skill-set around value-based selling, big data and AI.
- Provide a great customer experience for Databricks’ prospective customers.
- Conducting account and prospect research to inform and develop compelling outreach campaigns to drive engagement in key target accounts.
- Maintaining active inbound and outbound communications with prospects using creative follow-up, including personalised email, cold calling and social selling.
- Partner with the wider sales team to develop territory strategy, build pipeline and drive adoption.
- Uncover and identify client needs and progress conversations into sales opportunities through communicating how Databricks will meet them effectively.
What we look for:
- Prior successful sales experience is a plus but not necessary
- Determination to succeed, learn and build the next best enterprise software company
- Consistent, measurable over-achievement in past experiences
- Great communication skills, especially listening and questioning in phone-based and in-person scenarios
- A genuine interest for big data/AI
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Complementary health insurance
- Complementary life and disability coverage
- Complementary pension
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.