Specialist Solutions Architect (Data Engineering)
As a Specialist Solutions Architect (Data engineering), you will guide the technical evaluation phase in a hands-on environment throughout the sales process. You will report to the Manager, Field Engineering
You will be an important part of the sales team, being a technical advisor, and working with the product team as an advocate of your customers in the field. You will help your customers to achieve tangible data-driven outcomes through the use of our Databricks lakehouse platform, establishing a clear architectural vision and identifying compelling use cases, helping our customers realise value.
You'll grow as a leader in your field, while finding solutions to our customers' biggest challenges in big data, analytics, data engineering and data science problems.
The impact you will have:
- As an expert in the sphere of big data analytics, you will be seen as an expert on issues of architecture and design
- Lead your clients through evaluating and adopting Databricks Lakehouse platform
- Support your customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications
- Integrate Databricks with 3rd-party applications to support customer architectures
- Engage with the technical community (both internal and customer) by leading workshops, seminars and meet-ups
- Together with account teams, you will form successful relationships with clients to deliver technical and business value.
What we look for:
- Share technical concepts, including presenting and white-boarding
- Pre- or post-sales experience working with external clients providing expertise
- Design and implement architectures within a public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- You have experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop and/or SQL
- Understanding of customer-facing pre-sales or consulting role with a core strength in data engineering
- Cloud platform and basic cloud security/networking knowledge advantageous
- Proficiency writing code in either Python, Scala or Java
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Information system, Engineering, Data Science or equivalent work experience
- Desirable: Databricks Certification
- Desirable: Experience with migrating legacy systems
- Fluent in French and English (Minimum-level business proficiency)
- Employer contributions to public or private health plan
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.