Manager, Databricks Community
As the Manager, Databricks Community, you will be responsible for the development of Databricks Community as a resource for users, partners and employees as well as for the success of your Databricks Community Team. You will build on top of and execute on a vision of a vibrant data and AI community where members get answers to their questions, learn from fellow users and discover and share the impact of Databricks.
Reporting into Customer Success, the Manager, Databricks Community will drive the strategy and roadmap for the Community and collaborate closely with all parts of Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, IT, Legal, Security and Compliance to bring it to life.
- Increase monthly active users, net retention of users and NPS of the Databricks Community by maturing our user experience and delivering genuine value
- Activate the Community to improve new user adoption and product usage, and contribute to cross-functional efforts with the same goals
- Mentor, enable and empower your global team of Databricks Community Technical Moderator, Content Curator and Engagement Manager to achieve individual, team and organizational goals
- Scale SME time and reach, inspire and enable users and boost brand awareness by designing and executing on engaging Community events and experiences
- Create a scalable content strategy with a clear process and quality assurances for internal and external SMEs and contributors
- Facilitate an inviting, helpful and honest Community culture that represents the best of Databricks
- Build authentic relationships with advocates by interacting with, supporting and celebrating Community users on a daily basis
- Own and administer the Community experience, including partnering with our Technical Community Moderator on user account management, moderation and user question-follow through
- Build, track and communicate Community KPIs to influence decisions and priorities
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling online community programs
- Experience growing and scaling a top-notch global team with internal resources and external contractors to achieve team and org goals
- Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional projects and teams
- Ability to create structure and processes that bring vision and plans to life with ability to drive adoption for those structure and processes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use data to make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience administering Salesforce community platform is preferred
- Experience with Spark, streaming as well as programming languages, such as Scala, Python, SQL, is preferred
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP is preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.