Pre-sales Solutions Engineer (Data & AI)
At Databricks, our core values are at the heart of everything we do; a culture of proactiveness and a customer-centric mindset guides us to create a unified platform that makes data science and analytics accessible to everyone. We aim to inspire our customers to make informed decisions that push their business forward. We provide a user-friendly and intuitive platform that makes it easy to turn insights into action and fosters a culture of creativity, experimentation, and continuous improvement. You will be an essential part of this mission, using your technical expertise to demonstrate how our Lakehouse Platform can help customers solve their complex data challenges and serve as the trusted technical advisor for your customers. You will work directly with technical and business leaders on their Data and AI strategy and the execution of it, using your skills to demonstrate the value of Databricks as a platform. You'll work with a cross-regional, collaborative, customer-focused team in partnership with our different internal functions, wider teams and partners. You will directly report to the Continental Field Engineering Leader.
Join us in our quest to change how people work with data and make a better world!
The location for this position is based in Milan (remote).
The impact you will have:
- Form successful relationships at senior levels with clients throughout your assigned territory to provide technical thought leadership and value in collaboration with an Account Executive.
- Help build the Databricks technical footprint through engagement at business reviews, workshops, data and ai events and meet-ups.
- Create excitement from clients about Databricks with our rich offering of 1-many webinars, customer office hours, hands-on evaluation and Spark programming, integrating with the wider cloud ecosystem, 3rd party applications and partners.
- Become a Big Data Analytics advisor on aspects of architecture and design.
- Support your customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications.
- Develop both technically and in the pre-sales aspect with the goal of becoming an independently operating Solutions Architect.
- You will advise our customers as a trusted advisor on how to best realize their data and ai use cases.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience in working with clients, creating a narrative, aligning the agenda based on business priorities, and achieving tangible outcomes.
- Independently deliver a technical proposition, identify customers' pain-points, and explain important areas of business value to develop a trusted advisor skillset.
- Code in a core programming language such as Python, SQL or Java.
- Knowledgeable in a core Big Data Analytics domain with some exposure to advanced proofs-of-concept and an understanding of a major public cloud platform.
- Experience diving deeper into solution architecture and design.
- Good to have: Cloud certification from AWS, Microsoft or GCP or relevant experience
- Databricks experience/ certifications are a bonus
- Business proficiency in Italian and English
- Travelling approx. 20-30% of the time
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion