Senior Staff Product Manager, Admin
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world’s toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world’s best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers, we leap at every opportunity to tackle technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
The impact you will have:
- You will introduce platform capabilities that provide a rich admin experience to onboard, operate, and use all Databricks products and services.
- Design and launch disaster recovery solution for the Databricks platform.
- Partner with engineering and cloud providers and develop high resiliency across all components of the Databricks solution.
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, and ongoing operations of the Databricks platform across all three clouds - AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Partner with Databricks’ data and AI product teams and introduce configurations and settings to control the platform behavior and user preferences.
- Bring deep insights about the Databricks admin persona to the engineering and leadership teams by working closely with our customers and field.
- Envision and deliver new capabilities from concept to launch and rollout, including customer validation, marketing plan, documentation, and field enablement.
- Implement organization-wide projects exceeding 100s of engineers spanning many groups with demonstrated financial impact.
What we look for:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience working with large-scale IaaS/SaaS platforms or enterprise products
- Experience delivering multiple SaaS/enterprise products from concept to adoption, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience partnering with technical leaders with an ability to deep-dive into complex technical concepts across multiple domains - automation, HA/DR, configuration management, and cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on builder mindset must be comfortable with provisioning, configuring, and using the Databricks platform
- Experience with designing products and capabilities that provide seamless admin and user experience of a rich platform
- Must have experience presenting at conferences, working with press and analysts, and developing junior PMs
- Familiarity with data and AI technologies
- Educational background in computer science or related engineering field
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.