Sr. Counsel, GTM Programs
While candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area are encouraged for this role, we are also open to candidates based in the Seattle area.
Are you an experienced attorney seeking a truly unique role? Well look no further! Databricks Legal has a rare and exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and help us grow our commercial operations efficiently while also providing legal services to our partnership team.
As Senior Counsel, GTM Programs you will play a vital role in in a hyper-growth environment, building programs, terms, and processes for how Databricks partners and optimizes our revenue-generating contracting motions. The role includes both negotiating and supporting the growth of strategic partnerships with some of the world's largest global consulting organizations, as well as working with clients in different business units such as Technical Support and Professional Services. You will report to the Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Head of Legal for Business Development, GTM Programs and Channel.
The impact you will have:
- Participate in the development and launch of new programs (sales, solution offerings, partners) by teaming with cross-functional business partners, client groups, and internal Legal leads
- Work closely with operational and legal teams to help assure GTM terms and processes support partnering and transacting at scale, rapid revenue growth, and long-term stability of Databricks
- Lead and/or assist in negotiations with strategic partners, major engagements and negotiations, balancing expansive growth of our alliance network with long-term risk
- Become a subject matter expert to your internal business partners, client groups, and colleagues, helping resolve challenges and seizing opportunities for success
What we look for:
- JD required
- You have 7+ years of relevant legal experience, including ideally at least 3 years in-house (preferably at a high-growth technology company).
- You have a programmatic mind-set, experience with managing multi-faceted projects, and an understanding of how to develop and simplify processes.
- You value learning while collaborating with internal cross-functional stakeholders on ongoing projects.
- Experience with channel and partnering models and issues. Quote to cash principles would be a plus. It would be beneficial but not a requirement if you are familiar with Cloud Marketplaces.
- You are a critical thinker with a comfort in speaking up, pushing back appropriately, and brainstorming productively, thinking of future needs/issues.
- You apply a highly-collaborative, positive approach to working with legal colleagues and business partners.
- You have a can-do, hands-on approach in executing, a builder mindset able to work independently but seeking and welcoming supportive input as appropriate.
- You are comfortable with a level of ambiguity in making recommendations in a fast-paced environment, applying a practical, balanced mindset to legal problem solving.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.