Databricks is looking for a talented and experienced Corporate Counsel to join our expanding Legal team to support and lead a broad range of corporate matters. This position will report to our Director & Assistant General Counsel, and is a unique opportunity to play a leading role on corporate, M&A, ventures, securities law compliance, governance, and related matters and to provide business-focused legal advice to stakeholders throughout Databricks on a daily basis.
You will be agile, highly organized and have the skills, drive and flexibility to support and accelerate a leading technology company, addressing cutting-edge legal issues and organizational challenges. A successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and excellent at building strong relationships.
The impact you will have:
- Support all phases of strategic transactions, including M&A, ventures transaction and financings
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting, including assisting with current and periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements, and Section 16 filings
- Provide legal advice and support on global equity plans, executive compensation, and related equity matters
- Prepare and review board and committee materials and advise on board-related governance matters
- Prepare governance and compliance policies and procedures, including updates to such policies and procedures
- Review and advise internal stakeholders with respect to investor presentations, offering materials, public announcements, press releases, and other corporate communications
- Assist with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters and reporting initiatives
- Lead international subsidiary management, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries
- Create and continuously improve processes for scaling legal support for general corporate matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including finance, corporate development, marketing, investor relations and outside counsel
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience at a nationally-recognized law firm, a public company or a combination of both
- J.D. from a top-tier law school
- Member of a state bar in good standing
- You have public company and M&A experience, including a deep knowledge regarding disclosure requirements, SEC regulations, listing exchange rules and strong familiarity with general board and governance matters
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships with key stakeholders
- You can perform and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment and enjoy being continually challenged
- You are a self-starter with the capability to operate independently and to interact confidently with senior management when required
- You have a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and can manage many cross-functional projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.