Req ID: GAQ124R24
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
We are looking for a Compensation Manager to join our growing People team. If you are comfortable and thrive in a very dynamic environment, you’ve come to the right place. We are building and iterating compensation/rewards programs to ensure that we are built to scale and empower our employees in a way that is consistent with our values. At Databricks, we don’t believe compensation is just a number, it’s a tool to recognize that every employee is an owner and a part of our success. As a result, we need a team member with a solid foundation and history of success in doing just that!
- Drive thoughtful analysis around short-term and long-term incentives in addition to other reward programs primarily attributed to our top executives (VP and above)
- Partner and consult with Business Partners, Recruiters and Leadership in all things compensation by making recommendations by using data
- Review and analysis of market data to evaluate our executive compensation (cash, incentive and equity) program competitiveness relative to our compensation philosophy and principles
- Partner on global compensation and total rewards projects from design to execution including, but not limited to, modeling, project planning, communications and training
- Partner with the broader compensation team to ensure connectivity between executive compensation and the rest of company
- Develop models to drive and advise on equity strategy including burn rate, overhang analyses and other dilution analyses
What we look for:
- Heavy compensation and/or analytical background that shows proven success as a thoughtful comp partner and attention to detail
- Tenacity to learn new things and think outside of the box and have a sense of humor
- You enjoy solving problems and have immense attention to detail
- Ability to deal with quick change and to drive change management
- Competency in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions though strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use data to support and make decisions, articulate the business reasons and program ideas to the management team
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs and Sheets
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.