Manager, Solutions Architect
As a Manager, Solutions Architect, you will build and lead a team of pre-sales Solutions Architects focusing on Enterprise accounts. Your experience partnering with the sales organisation will help close revenue with the right approach whilst coaching new sales and pre-sales team members to work together. You will guide and get involved to enhance your team's effectiveness; be an expert at communicating complex, business value-focused solutions; support complex sales cycles; and build relationships with key stakeholders in Enterprise companies. You will report to the Sr. Director, Field Engineering.
The impact you will have:
- Manage hiring, building the pre-sales team of Solutions Architects
- Rapidly scale the designated Field Engineering segment organisation without sacrificing quality
- Build a collaborative culture within a rapid-growth team. To embody and promote Databricks' customer-obsessed, teamwork and diverse culture
- Support increase Return on investment of SA involvement in sales cycles by 2-3x over 18 months
- Promote a solution and value-based selling field-engineering organisation
- Display an understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region
- Build Databricks' brand in partnership with the Marketing and Sales team
What we look for:
- Experience in Pre Sales Manager role in developing, managing and building a team of successful Big Data, Cloud, or SaaS professionals
- Experience with Enterprise companies/ecosystems
- Have experience scaling and mentoring field and technical teams from scratch both onshore and offshore teams.
- Knowledgeable in and passionate about data-driven decisions, AI, and Cloud software models
- Great at instituting processes for technical field members to improve efficiency
- Market experience of the ANZ Region
- Background experience in Data Architecture such as Data Engineering / Database technologies or Data Science
- Private hospital plan and extras cover
- Life, disability and income protection coverage
- SuperannuationEquity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.