Great products are made by customer-obsessed teams
Cybersecurity is everywhere. It's impacting everyone, everyday, and it's becoming the number one risk to any organization, whether it's a small business or a big firm. Yet, the cybersecurity culture in most companies is a disaster. Hackers are leveraging this by targeting the weakest link: the employees. We're on a mission to fix that.
We're a product-first team on a mission to help grow the cybersecurity culture. We want to instill cybersecurity good practices to employees in a way that's actually effective, and entertaining enough so that employees don't feel like they're working. Think Duolingo but for cybersecurity.
We created a platform to easily rollout a cybersecurity awareness program: the plaform sends chat-based 4-minutes long courses to teams. Following the courses, the other side of the platform simulates phishing attacks, to prepare employees to face hackers — but in a safe environment.
Created in 2020, Riot has raised $2.4m with top-notch investors (Y Combinator, Funders Club and Frst Capital), and is now protecting more than 100,000 employees in over 400 companies all over the world.
About the role
The Engineering team at Riot is responsible for building the infrastructure and the application to deliver a crisp experience to our users, companies, and even ourselves!
Engineers are strongly involved in the design process to solve compromises and find opportunities that technology enables.
- Deliver exciting new features to our users in a reliable maner
- Organize the backend code base and decide what standards the team should follow
- Design the GraphQL API in collaboration with the frontend team
- Research, pitch to the team, and work on innovative tech solutions to solve hard problems
- Frontend: Vue 3, Typescript, Apollo GraphQL, TailwindCSS
- Backend: Nodejs, TypeScript, GraphQL, NestJS, Prisma, PostgreSQL, Temporal
- Ops: AWS, Datadog
- You have 3 or more years of experience in developing backend applications.
- You have already used GraphQL for professional or personal projects
- You already work professionally with SQL.
- You are a team player, eager to provide feedback and happy to receive them as learning opportunities
- You know how to prioritise in order to deliver on time, as speed of execution is key, while never compromising on quality
Want to apply for the job? We don't need a resumé or a motivation letter, just send us your GitHub or LinkedIn! We're big believers in moving fast, that means we favor a short interview process.